Who we are
The NSW Government established Study NSW in 2013 to support the sustainable development of the state’s international education sector.
Study NSW partners with the education sector to deliver four main functions:
- Promote NSW’s strengths as a study destination
- Enhance the experience of international students in NSW and celebrate their contributions to our communities
- Coordinate policy and advocacy to enhance the competitiveness of international education in NSW
- Foster international market development opportunities and new technology-enabled models of delivery
International education recovery
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, Study NSW is supporting recovery of international education, targeting four key pillars of activity:
- Returning international students to NSW
- Promoting NSW’s strengths as an education destination
- Enhancing the international student experience
- Fostering the overall health of the international education ecosystem
For more information about our recovery work, please read the NSW International Education Recovery Strategy.
Study NSW is part of Investment NSW, a central agency established by the NSW Premier in March 2021, with a mandate to reinforce NSW as the most desirable place in the world to visit, study, invest and do business.
To do this, for the first time ever, Investment NSW brings all the NSW Government’s economic development and attraction activities into the one place, including Study NSW.
This will allow us to leverage our state’s successful COVID-19 response to drive local and international investment and create jobs for NSW.
Working across key industries and sectors, our aim is to reinforce NSW’s global position as a safe and attractive place to live, study, work and do business, and market Sydney and NSW on the world stage as a destination for business investment, global talent, tourism, major events and international study.
Study NSW Newsletter
Subscribe to Study NSW to receive regular updates on international education news, stories, events and opportunities.
About this website
This website is an initiative of the NSW Government to help international students access factual information about studying, living and working in Sydney and NSW. Our goal is to help international students enhance their study experience through:
- Building confidence in NSW as a safe and friendly location to live and study
- Improving awareness of the education opportunities, industry placement and employment pathways in NSW, and
- Increasing awareness of social and community activities
This website is designed to complement but not duplicate information provided on the studyinaustralia.gov.au website and NSW education institution websites.