StudyNSW 2015 highlights
18 December 2015
It's been an action-packed year for the team at StudyNSW!
Here are some of our highlights:
- On 13 October around 300 people came together to celebrate the NSW International Student Awards at the Sydney Opera House
- Over the last 12 months, our Partner Projects initiatives are contributing to 14 projects worth nearly $2 million focusing on enhancing the student experience in NSW
- The International Student Airport Welcome Desk opened in July at Sydney International Airport. So far we've trained over 110 student volunteers through our work integrated learning program to welcome and orientate newly arrived international students to the state
- We built a website for current international students – www.study.sydney
- We supported some fantastic local events, including: the Lord Mayor's Welcome (City of Sydney), Univative 2015, Fusion Multicultural Street Festival in Wagga Wagga and we supported the NSW Police International Student Beach Soccer Day.
Next year will see StudyNSW engage in more exciting projects and initiatives. Here's a small taste of what's to come:
- We're supporting Redfern Legal Centre to provide free legal services to all international students in NSW
- We're co-hosting English Australia's Biggest English Lesson in the World at Bondi Beach
- We'll be helping international students transition into the workforce through work integrated learning programs
- We will once again host our popular NSW International Student Awards event
StudyNSW would like to thank all our stakeholders, our Advisory Board and most importantly, our fantastic international students, for their support and for making this such a fantastic year. The team here at StudyNSW wishes you all a very safe and Merry Christmas and we look forward to a great 2016!
*Please note the StudyNSW office will be closed from Monday the 21st December and re-open on Monday 4th of January, 2016. We will respond to any enquiries on our return.
For urgent matters regarding safety please call the NSW Police.